CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Countdown

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

Ultrasound Video from 1-27-09

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Postpartum- No Wonder People are Depressed

So we got our beautiful baby girl out- now what? Well dad went with baby to the nursery and mom got put back together. I woke up in a recovery room - I don't really think I went to sleep, but there is definitely some missing time in there. My husband joined me. The reovery room had some OBNOXIOUS woman on her cell phone (after giving birth) trying to chase down her baby daddy who just jumped on the wagon that nite, DRAMA and I was so annoyed. I kept asking Simon to shut her up (or so he says).

I finally was released from recovery to a room- Now What? We wait on Jennifer is what. About an hour later, somewhere near midnight she joins us. Now the fun really begins. The nurse shows Simon how to change a diaper and then time to breastfeed.

Jennifer had low glucose- 2 days of labor will do that to you- so she already had formula in the nursery- but here goes. I put her to my breast, not knowing what to expect- great she latches on- then poof white stuff is everywhere. "Oh NO my boob exploded" I tell the nurse. She laughs doesn't even try to hide it, then tells me that she actually spit up. Thank Goodness- I was worried. Daddy cleans baby up and I wipe myself down and we try again. Jennifer is a CHAMP!! Thankfully cuz I was really nervous.

Our next few days are marked by dirty diapers, no sleep, and a constant stream of visitors. Our stay was extended due to my getting an infection, having fluid in my lungs, and then Jennifer has Jaundice. So she had to stay under the bili lights. We only got to see her every 3 hours.

Without going into all the details I will say that I was extremely disappointed with the postpartum care at The Woman's Hospital of Texas. I had a few good nurses, but overall the care was not what you would expect from a hospital that delivers over 4,000 babies a year. The labor and delivery ROCKS though! Those nurses are fantastic. But, overall I will think long and hard before I have another baby at that hospital.

0 comments: