CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Countdown

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks

Ultrasound Video from 1-27-09

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Childbirth 101

So we had our first childbirth class this weekend. Part 1 of 2. The teacher for the class made it a lot of fun. She had us laughing and really engaged. Each guy had to introduce themself and say a "dirty" word she had on a card. It was funny. We got to take a tour of the hospital and I am excited to say that they just opened the new wing of the hospital and that is where I will deliver. I think she said they deliver about 4,000 babies a year - so I know I am in great hands. We learned some relaxation exercises and hubby got to give me a great massage. We were told to "practice" every nite this week. Yeah for me. We also learned about signs of labor and what will take place during labor. Then it was time for a film about childbirth.

I was concerned because Simon has a weak stomach. So throughout the film I kept glancing over at him to see that he was ok. (to hear him tell this story is much funnier) somewhere during the middle of the film he seemed like he was ok- and I began to watch more intently. Well before you know it he said the film was over my face was completely ashen, my eyes were open wide, and my mouth hangin open.

Needless to say I am a little freaked out about this whole childbirth thing.

Well I need to be off. We have a doctors appointment Thursday and the muralist comes Friday to put the finishing touches on the nursery!! Yeah. Then on to part 2 of our class. So look for several updates next week.

Have a good one.

Love to All!

0 comments: